The OPG (Optical Pulse Generator) converts electrical signals pulses into optical signals with the same temporal shape. The optical signals are carried by a single mode fiber to the fiber adapter on the panel. Connecting single mode fiber, the signal can be sent to near or far places with no need of alignment of mirrors and lenses. The spatial shape of the signal is almost a perfect Gaussian beam with 9 micrometers width – a point source. A fiber collimator can be connected; converting the output beam into a collimated beam. Signals up to 100MHz and pulses down to 4 nanoseconds can be converted.
The WDMOPG has two optical sources with two wavelengths such as 1064nm+1550nm. Electrical signal can be converted into either one of these wavelengths or to both of them.
The output beam can be polarized (PM) or depolarized (NP).
Signals with very low coherence legth can be made by using SuperLuminiscent Laser Diode as the optical source.
Integrating the optional modules listed below, turns the OPG into a complete testing and measurement unit which can be handled manually from the front panel or from a remote PC.
- Red light (650nm) for alignment of the output beam.
- Optical Attenuator down to -70dB
- Additional fiber output for reference signal.
- Internal electrical pulse generator.
- Frequency range: DC up to 100MHz.
- Output optical power: 10 to 100 mW.
- RF connectors : SMA, BNC.
- Fiber: Single mode fiber (SMF).
- Wavelength: 1550nm, 1300nm, 1064nm & 830nm
- Optical Connectors: Angle-polished connectors(APC) – FC, SC, LC & ST
All Optical Signal Generator products: